How will my OG Research connect to my paper?
1.) background on three Connected topics shown above 2.) what I believe is the ethical response to each 3.) how each topic applies locally in VA 4.) the activism efforts such as lobbying I have made in response to #2 5.) What worked and what did not?
Objective: lobby to local government officials to make a concentrated effort to voice concern for women’s reproductive rights surrounding access to abortion. I will suggest local improvements that are inclusive of all the different experiences of women to take a step in the right direction with an holistic/intersectional approach to policies. My focus is on the disadvantages of low-socioeconomic women vs. wealthier women when it comes to access of reproductive healthcare, specifically abortion.
Contribute to my research by:
- Consolidating my ideas
- Actively advocating for the meaning of my thesis
- Measuring representative response on certain issues
- Research VA current legislation on the table, policies concerning my three topics and make a list of specific legislation and changes that I see fit. Policy Tracker: https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy
- Make a concrete advocacy plan: what is my hook? How can it be trendy?
- Activism starts! Reach out to officials with my concrete advocacy plan
- Map representative response and analyze what has worked and what has not
Sources for Making My Opinions Public
- VA TRAP laws: public comment by OCT 31 https://www.womenshealthcoalitionva.org/?page_id=28
- Governor Northam: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/communicating-with-the-governors-office/
Warner-919 E. Main Street Suite 630 Richmond, VA 23219 Phone Number: 804-775-2314
- HARO- help a reporter out